I had the pleasure of working with a talented former Army Chef. While he has since taken on another occupation, I always looked forward to our talks about the meals he prepared for the upperclassmen during his missions abroad.
This Dirt Pie is one of the recipes he loves to prepare for his young nephews. Classic ingredients, very simple, very yummy.
- 9 inch chocolate graham cracker crust
- 1 (3.9 oz.) pkg. chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 c. cold milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, whipped topping, thawed
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter chips
- 1/2 c. peanuts, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, prepare pudding mix with milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in whipped topping, 1 cup of cookie crumbs, chips and peanuts.
- Spoon mixture into crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Freeze 4-5 hours, until firm.
How To Serve:
- Serves 8.