The first time I had this dish was at a family gathering. The following week, a guest brought it to my uncle’s home and then a few days later, I had it again at a friends reunion dinner. At the reunion dinner, that guest brought all the ingredients and made it right there! All it took was the time for the rice to cook. So simple and so delicious!!
The Nametake mushrooms, once only found in our Oriental markets is now available in all the markets, even in our Walmart, so it leaves me to believe that this dish has quickly become an island favorite.
Edamame Nametake Rice
- 5 c. rice , rinsed
- 1 (16 oz). pkg frozen shelled edamame (soybeans) thawed
- 1 (1.7 oz) bottle nori furikake
- 1 (7-8 oz) bottle seasoned nametake mushrooms
- Cook rice in rice cooker as directed.
How To Serve:
- For service: add remaining ingredients; tossing well to combine.
- Serves 8-10.