Kalua pork is Hawaii’s version of pulled pork. Hawaiians were making this version of pulled pork long before it became popular. Halm’s creates this pulled kalua pork fried rice with kim chee.
Halm’s Enterprises Kalua Pig Kim Chee Fried Rice
- 1 lb. Kalua Pork (pulled pork)*
- ½ onion minced
- 4-5 cups cooked rice (day old if possible)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Aloha Aloha shoyu
- 2 cups Halm’s kim chee rough chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 packet Hawaiian Pride Kim Chee seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To make kalua pork (pulled pork) Heat wok and ad sesame and vegetable oil.
- Get wok really hot until oil starts smoking.
- Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Kalua pig and toss with onions for about 1 minute.
- Add rice and toss until the rice is nice and coated and is incorporated with kalua pig (about 4 minutes).
- Add chopped kim chee and kim chee seasoning packet.
- Toss well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finish seasoning with oyster sauce, shoyu, salt and pepper if necessary.