A familiar site during Bon Dance Festival season. This dish is simply flavored with a Teriyaki-Style sauce. Very light and subtle. Cook to your desired charring.
Grilled Corn Yaki Tomorokoshi
- 8 ears yellow or white corn
- Salted water as needed
- 1/4 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 c. mirin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 quarter size ginger, peeled, crushed
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat; cook corn in boiling water 5-10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat; bring soy sauce and mirin to a boil.
- Add garlic and ginger, simmer 5 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Cook corn on charcoal grill; basting with sauce until cooked to desired charring.
How To Serve:
- Serves 8-12.