Ginger Ale – this beverage was shared by a visiting celebrity chef at an event that we had done together. Carefully boiling fresh ginger in water for a good, long while is the key to rounded, deep flavor.
Homemade Ginger Ale
- 1/2 lb. fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 4 1/2 c. water
- 11/2 c. sugar
- 6 c. club soda
- In a saucepan over medium heat; combine ginger, water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. S
- immer 30 minutes until reduced by half.
- Strain syrup.
How To Serve:
- For service: combine 1/3 cup of syrup with 1 cup of club soda.
- Serves 6.