This is a recipe that I created for Taro Brand: Poi cheesecake with a Diamond Bakery buttery Coconut Graham Cracker Crust!
Super easy to make and its ultra-silky-smooth texture is amazing! Be sure to visit Tarobrand.com and order your fresh frozen poi – shipped anywhere!
Taro Brand Poi Cheesecake with Coconut Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or fresh frozen Taro Brand poi
- 2 eggs room temperature
- purple food coloring (optional)
- 4.5 ounces Diamond Bakery coconut graham crackers (about 32 squares), crumbs
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- In a medium bowl cream powdered sugar and cream cheese using an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and poi and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Separate eggs and add egg yolks to poi mixture and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into poi mixture.
- Optional, add purple food coloring to desired tint.
- Save about 1/2 cup of the filling for later use.
- In a food processor, add graham crackers.
- Turn food processor on until fine crumbs are achieved.
- With processor still on, add sugar and slowly add small pieces of cold butter into the food processor.
- The crumb mixture should have the consistency of wet sand.
- Press graham cracker crumb mixture into 4" mini spring form pans.
- Press crumb mixture into spring form pan to form a loose crust.
- Fill spring form molds about 3/4 with cheesecake filling.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Bake in a water bath for 35 minutes.
- Once cooking is completed, turn oven off and pop oven door open and allow cheesecake to remain in oven for 30 minutes. This will help prevent cheesecake from cracking.
- After 30 minutes, remove cheesecakes from oven and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before chilling.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- To serve, run hot water on outer edges of spring form pan.
- You will see the cheesecake separate from the mold.
- Gently remove cheesecake from spring form pan and plate.
- Pour some of the reserved cheesecake filling over the cheesecake, garnish with whipped cream, fruit and leftover graham cracker crumbs.