Chad Owens is a graduate of Roosevelt High School and the University of Hawaii at Manoa where he played football. He is a former professional Canadian football wide receiver and kick returner.
He was most recently a member of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.
Lately he has been dipping his toe into the world of politics, and he is always all about a healthy regime in the kitchen including this recipe for Miso Tilapia.
Rate This Recipe:
Miso Tilapia by Chad Owens
Ingredients for Miso Dressing
- 1 Cup Miso
- 1/4 Cup Sake
- 2 Tbsp. Mirin
- 3/4 tsp. Powdered Stevia
- 4 pieces Tilapia
Ingredients for Frying
- Avocado Butter
- Avocado Oil
Ingredients for Garnish
- Green onion (chopped)
- Combine Ingredients to make miso dressing.
- Marinate tilapia in miso dressing for 3 days.
- Pan fry fish.
- Heat pan, add avocado oil just enough so fish doesn’t stick.
- Add marinated tilapia to pan, Lower heat Add butter to pan and continue to baste fish with butter while in pan.
- Cook until fish is flaky white.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.