I love the folks over at Hawaiian Pie Co. – They are making some amazing pies and baked goods. They created this one-of-a-kind poi kulolo macadamia nut pie just for their episode on Cooking Hawaiian Style and were sharing the recipe here for you!
Hawaiian Pie Co Poi Kulolo Macadamia Nut Pie
- 1 cup Taro Brand poi
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup Island Princess Hawaii Macadamia Nut halves salted
- 1 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 1 lb. kulolo cut into 1" pieces
- 1 9-inch unbaked Pie Shell
- In a bowl, mix poi, eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and cream.
- Mix well and add ground macadamia nuts to mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie crust then evenly distribute pieces of kulolo and macadami nuts into pie.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Cool completely before serving.