This is the perfect dish that combines flavors from different ethnicities.. you get the savory flavor of miso enhanced with the sweetness of marsala wine. The flavor is incredible!
Baked Miso, Marsala Chicken Recipe
- 2 lb. whole chicken (cut up) or chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1/2 cup Marsala Wine
- 1/4 cup Halms Miso Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt a half cup of butter in a saucepan with the crushed garlic clove.
- Brown chicken in butter oil mixture and layer into baking dish.
- Add remaining butter to saucepan and add a touch of olive oil and saute mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add the sherry pepper, miso paste, miso shoyu sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauteed mushroom mixture over browned chicken and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice!