Tofu takes on the taste of whatever seasonings are added to it, and is also a healthy food. If you love Tofu as I do, you’ll enjoy this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb. lean ground pork (chicken or turkey)
- 1 tsp. oil
- 8 dried mushrooms, soaked and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 TBs. sake
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Aloha shoyu
- 2 TBs. sugar
- 1 block (20 oz.) Tofu slice into 1/2 inch.
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- Fry Pork, chicken or turkey in oil, add mushrooms, onions and water chestnuts.
- Saute until chicken is browned.
- Add sake, salt, shoyu and sugar.
- Stir to mix well.
- Place tofu slices in bottom of a 3 quart casserole dish or 9×13 inch pan sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Pour chicken mixture over tofu.
- Pour eggs evenly over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle green onion over.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.