We count ourselves lucky to be able to have had local TV personality Mckenna Maduli as our guest. McKenna recently won an Emmy Award for her show Talk Story and works hard to promote Hawaii.
She grew up in Kalihi where she graduated from Roosevelt High School and later moved to LA to pursue a career in entertainment. She has had gigs with MTV, Billboard Live and Access Hollywood.
If she has a familiar face its probably because she was on-air with Hawaii News Now before hosting her very own show called Talk Story on K5.
Rate This Recipe:
Instant Pot Shoyu Chicken by McKenna Maduli
- 6-7 Pounds of bone-in chicken thighs, should be about 8 pieces. Skins removed.
- 1 Cup Regular Soy Sauce (not low sodium)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. Honey
- 2 Tbls Bourbon
- 2 Inch piece of ginger – Minced if you love the bite of ginger in every bite (like I do). Or cut into chunks and smashed if you prefer a more subtle ginger flavor.
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Green Onion, Cut into 1inch pieces Slurry
- 1/4 C. Water
- 2 Tbls Corn Starch
- Add all ingredients and cook in Insta pot for 15 minutes
How To Serve:
- Serves 4-6.