AlohaCare brings us another great healthy and affordable dessert – Orange Pannacotta with fresh papaya. A refreshing island treat made with low fat milk and fresh fruit.
Visit AlohaCare.org to find out how AlohaCare is geting involved in the community.
– Recipe by Sharon Kobayashi – A DASH of Aloha.
Rate This Recipe:
Orange Panacotta w/Fresh Papaya
AlohaCare brings us another great healthy and affordable dessert – Orange Pannacotta with fresh papaya – a refreshing island treat made with low fat milk and fresh fruit. Visit AlohaCare.org to find out how AlohaCare is geting involved in the community.
- 1 cup milk, low fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Gelatin
- 1 oz. Cream cheese, reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 each papayas, large, halved and seeded
Recipe by Sharon Kobayashi – A DASH of Aloha
Recipe makes 4 servings
- Soak gelatin in ¼ cup milk for 5 minutes. (Soaking gelatin in liquid is also called “blooming.”).
- Bring remaining milk to a boil. Add dissolved gelatin to boiling milk, stirring.
- Turn off heat, stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in honey, orange juice and vanilla.
- Pour ¼ cup into each papaya half.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest overnight.
How To Serve:
- Serving suggestion: Serve topped with orange slices and/or other seasonal fruit.
Calories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 5gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 65mgPotassium: 424mgFiber: 3gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 1666IUVitamin C: 103mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!