A take on the popular condiment. I once worked with several Filipino workers in our kitchen and this was a favorite condiment of ours with the addition of Patis. We used it on everything!
Patis Seasoned Chili Pepper Water
- 3-4 Hawaiian chili peppers, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 TB Hawaiian salt
- 2 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. patis (fish sauce)
- In a saucepan over medium high heat; boil water and salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vinegar, patis and peppers.
- Allow to sit overnight.
- Transfer into bottles.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Makes 1 quart.