David Sumida from the Sumida Watercress Farm joins us on Cooking Hawaiian Style and shares recipes that he grew up eating on the farm. This corned beef and watercress dish is a reminder of how good and simple cooking can be.
David Sumida’s Corned Beef With Watercress
- 1 (12 oz) can corned beef preferably Libby
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 1 bunch watercress cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- In a large pan, fry corned beef over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until heated through, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add shoyu and watercress, first the stems and then the leaves.
- Cover and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 1 minute until watercress is wilted but still bright green and lightly crunchy.
- Gently mix.