I remember having an appetizer dish at a buffet served at a celebration get together with friends. The dish was on my plate for an appetizer as well as my entrée. Wonderful fresh flavors, citrusy and tangy. Served simply with lemon wedges.
Chilled Marinated Shrimp
- cooked shrimp, peeled; deveined, tails left on
- fresh parsley, minced
- shallots, minced
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- ¼ c. each white vinegar, Dijon mustard
- balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- shredded lettuce, lemon wedges
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; marinate shrimp 1-2 hours.
How To Serve:
- For service: place lettuce in cocktail glasses; top with shrimp.
- Serves with lemon wedge.
- Serves 8.