Crabby Cheesy Gau Gee – a yummy version of a favorite Chinese appetizer turned local pupu. Serve crispy fried Gau Gee as an appetizer.
Traditionally folded in half and edges sealed, feel free to change up the style in which you wrap the dumplings. Fold in half and crimp the edges, or fold in triangles.
Rate This Recipe:
Crabby Cheesy Gau Gee
- Oil for frying
- 8 oz. imitation crab, shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- won ton pi wrappers
- 1/2 c. water as needed
- In a large skillet or fryer; warm oil.
- In a small bowl; place water; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients well.
- Spoon heaping tablespoonful of mixture into wrapper.
- Fold in half or in triangles; seal edges with water as desired.
- Crimped edges make a nice presentation.
- Deep fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
How To Serve:
- Serve with shoyu-mustard sauce or favorite dipping sauce.
- Freezes well.
- Makes approximately 40-50.