I received this Coconutty Macadamia Nut Bars as a Christmas gift one year and could not stop eating them.
The gift giver was nice enough to enclose the recipe on a beautiful homemade card for my files.
Coconutty Macadamia Nut Bars
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. shredded coconut
- 1 C. macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 TB all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in flour.
- Press mixture into prepared pan; bake 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients well.
- Spread mixture over baked crust.
- Continue baking 20-30 minute.
How To Serve:
- Cool before cutting into 16 bars.